Jason Voorhees is unleashed and stalking the grounds of Camp Crystal Lake! Now we need your help to make this game an amazing reality!
Estimated Shipping Date: Early 2017
Latest Updates from Our Project:
Update on Signed Sleeves, ICYMI Single Player Challenges, Engine Update & More...
over 3 years ago
– Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 07:47:51 PM
We have a quick update on the signed sleeves for you backers below, some news on the Art Book/Soundtrack and a teaser for the Single Player Challenges. First up though, signed sleeves and other items.
Signed Sleeves: It's been a daunting process, but the sleeves will finish being signed by each of the horror icons at the end of the month. Once done, they'll be shipped to the distributor and from there will be mailed out to backers. This will take some time to receive them to start prep, packing, shipping and then the travel time it takes to get to you. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.
Physical Art Book/Physical and Digital Soundtrack: The Physical Art Book and Soundtracks are not finished and will come later once the Single Player Challenges are complete. As you may know, Single Player is still in production and we are planning to feature art and music from the whole game in the Art Book & Soundtrack. These will be the definitive releases and you’ll have a very rare, limited edition Art Book and Soundtrack to add to your collections. We will notify everyone via email, on social media and our forums when the soundtrack and art book are finished and ready to ship.
Single Player Challenge Teaser
In case you missed it, we have a First Look at the Single Player Challenge Mode, with this overview of the initial tutorial mission. Enjoy!!!
Pinehurst and Roy from Friday the 13th: Part V: A New Beginning
Another ICYMI... Any backers out there that may have not been monitoring the news on the game as of late should peep this! We recently released a new map, a new killer "Roy", as well as a game balance update.
Below are some additional links for your perusal. Get the latest info on the balancing tweaks and bug fixes made, as well as some updates on what the team is working on at the moment.
Watch for more updates on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch) and our Forums as we continue to work on the game and get everyone the rewards/items you've pledged for.
We hope to see you all at camp!
- Gun Media & Illfonic
Physical Items Shipping & Signed Sleeves Update - PLEASE READ
over 3 years ago
– Tue, Jan 02, 2018 at 09:26:13 PM
Hello to all Kickstarter backers and Happy New Year!
We have shipped the vast majority of orders for physical copies of the game, well over 10,000 orders have been fulfilled!!! There are only a handful of physical game orders (Under 100) that need special consideration, awaiting replacement copies for damages, or additional information to fulfill. As you are aware, we’ve been working on shipping out your rewards for the past couple of months now, and this remains an ongoing affair for a small portion of our backers around the world! Thank you all who got your orders and posted pictures up on social media! We love seeing folks enjoying the game they helped make a reality!
We’re happy to announce that we’ve seen very few return-to-sender boxes come in (25 total boxes as of 1-2-2018) and are working to ensure that we get every single backer their correct package. To that end; we’ve set up a new dedicated customer service email to ensure that shipping issues are fully resolved.
We have news below for Kickstarter/BackerKit reward items that have not yet been finalized (Art Book, CD Soundtrack, etc...).
Signed Copies/Signed Sleeves: Whether you are getting the signed regular editions or the signed Steelbook collector’s edition, the game has shipped to you and the signed sleeve/cover will be mailed to you at a later date. With everyone's schedules so hectic and the holidays just passing, this has proved to be a challenge. Never you worry. We're pinning down the signing dates and will be ensuring that all the horror legends and dev team sign your sleeves.
Physical Art Book/Physical and Digital Soundtrack: The Physical Art Book and Soundtracks are not finished and will come later once the Single Player Missions is complete. As you may know, Single Player is still in production and we are planning to feature art and music from the whole game in the Art Book & Soundtrack. These will be the definitive releases and you’ll have a very rare, limited edition Art Book and Soundtrack to add to your collections. We will notify everyone via email, on social media and our forums when the soundtrack and art book are finished and ready to ship.
Asian Region Physical Games: All Asian Region Physical Games will be fulfilled once that version has been certified on all console platforms. We will notify backers in those regions by email once they are finalized and ready to ship.
The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and is designed to help with outstanding shipping issues that occur with those rewards that have already gone out. Please email this customer support email if you require additional support.
NOTE: The email@example.com email address is not for checking the status of your shipment if it has already gone out. We are continually working to ship rewards out and will update any backers with tracking info via email as soon as your reward has been packaged and shipped. Please also note that we are unable to help on rewards that were delivered to addresses that were not updated in Backerkit; we are more than happy to provide support for those rewards that have been sent back to us, however we cannot cover additional shipping charges if the reward was successfully delivered to the listed address on any specific Backer reward.
Thanks so much,
Friday the 13th: The Game - Physical Launch imminent! New Content Coming! Time to UPDATE SHIPPING ADDRESSES (if your address has changed)...
almost 4 years ago
– Sat, Oct 07, 2017 at 12:29:16 AM
It's the spookiest time of year with Halloween just around the corner. October 13th, (Yes, FRIDAY THE 13th...) is rapidly approaching!
Rain, Jason from Part IV & Jarvis House Coming Oct. 13th for ALL for FREE!
Jason IV - Jarvis House Map - New Counselor (Mitch Floyd) - Rain
All coming Oct. Friday the 13th to XB1, PS4 and Steam with a solid Double XP Weekend! What could be better than that??
Update: Let's Get Physical!
It's nearly time for our physical launch and that means we need to make a call out to everyone that ordered any physical item that needs to be shipped to them.
Some updates on what's going on.
Physical Game Copies: All versions of the game will be sent out as soon as we receive them from manufacturing. This includes the regular physical edition, the steelcase collector's edition (Rev 1 & Rev 2) as well as all signed editions.
Signed Copies: The game will ship separately to you and the signed sleeve/cover will be mailed to you at a later date. With everyone's schedules so hectic this has proved to be a challenge, but never you worry. We're pinning down the signing dates and will be ensuring that all the horror legends and Gun Media team sign each sleeve.
Art Book/Soundtrack: The Physical Art Book and Soundtracks are not finished and will come later. As you may know, Single Player is still in production and we are planning to feature art and music from the whole game in the Art Book & Soundtrack.
Updating Your Shipping Address
This update only pertains to those that have moved since they backed the game on Kickstarter or BackerKit. The good news is that updating your address is easy and you can do it yourself.
Look in the upper right for Shipping Info and click "Edit" to enter your new address.
Please update your address by Tuesday Oct. 10th.
Any one that does not update their addresses on BackerKit will hopefully have their mail being forwarded to their new place of residence. We are not responsible for shipping to an old address and will not cover the costs of re-shipping if it's returned, nor lost items due to incorrect addresses.
If for some reason you'd prefer to just have your mail forwarded from your old address, you can go to your local post office and set up mail forwarding to your new address.
Steelbook Collector's Editions - Check them out!
You've been waiting to see this, now take a look at what will be coming your way soon. Some of the rarest collector's editions available for any game.
Rev 1 Sleeve
Rev 2 Sleeve
The fact that we're rapidly approaching the physical launch and fulfillment of Kickstarter and Backerkit orders of the game is definitely hitting us. We've come a long way, but have even further to go (check out our roadmap for more clues on upcoming content).
Spread the word! It's time to kick off the Fall season by slaying some counselors and running for your lives!
See you all at camp!
- Gun Media & Illfonic
LAUNCH DAY! The Game is available on all platforms now!
about 4 years ago
– Sat, May 27, 2017 at 12:24:59 AM
First off, we want to take a moment to thank everyone for all their support during this long journey. The day is here though and codes have been sent out to backers for the game and DLC on all platforms. That said, no game launch, no matter how big or small, goes off without a hitch, and there have been issues. We'll go through those shortly.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding this morning and throughout the day. Please know that the teams at Gun Media and Illfonic are working around the clock to address them as best possible. We will be keeping our Social Media up to date with the latest news. Please follow Friday the 13th: The Game on Twitter at @Friday13thGame. As well, you can follow us on Facebook if you prefer.
Known Launch Issues That We Are Addressing
We have some issues we want to make all Backers aware of about the game, DLC and codes to help put people at ease and make everyone aware of what is going on.
1) PS4 North America DLC codes are showing up as "Inactive" - Currently the DLC codes are inactive because we are waiting for final review of a patch by Sony. Once this is approved, the codes will begin working. We expect approval soon.
2) Some Xbox One Full Game Digital Codes were not delivered - There is a small percentage of backers that have yet to receive codes. We received fewer codes than were needed from Microsoft and are working to rectify this. We will send these out as soon as they are received. We apologize for the delay/inconvenience.
3) PS4 EU/AUS DLC Codes have not been received yet - We are waiting to receive codes for the Savini DLC and the Counselor Clothing Pack for the EU/AUS region. As soon as these codes are received we will get them out to you.
4) Steam DLC not showing up in game - Currently the Savini Jason Skin DLC and Counselor Clothing Pack do not show up in the game after the code is entered. The team at Illfonic is working on a patch to address this issue. Do not worry, the items are there and associated with your account, they will be fully enabled soon in the next update.
5) Steam Dedicated Server Downtime - We are currently being slammed by thousands and thousands of players and had our servers go down. The servers should be back up, but there is a chance of downtime as we manage server load and spin up more servers to meet demand. If you encounter a server error, please try playing a Private Match with friends. If you need to find players please head over to the Steam Forums to get together with other Friday the 13th: The Game fans.
6) Hard to Quick Match on Steam Version in the EU - We are currently increasing the amount of dedicated servers in the EU. Thank you for understanding and please be patient as they are spun up and come online.
7) Not Enough Dedicated Australia Game Servers on Steam - Game servers are being spun up in Australia to accommodate demand. Please be patient as they begin to come online.
8) Steam Backend Profile Database Servers Being Upgraded - The Player Profiles and Stat Servers that track player progression are being crushed under the weight of all the players logging on to play the game this Memorial Day weekend. If you noticed issues with your progression level, this is why. The team is currently working to migrate all data over to a beefier tier of Amazon servers. Stay tuned to Twitter and Facebook for updates on this.
9) Friday the 13th: The Game is not available in the PS4 Asia Region yet - Due to certification submission issues, the game is not yet available in the Asia Region on PS4. Please bear with us as we work towards getting the game up in this region.
Physical Copies and Merch Delayed - Purchasers Get Free Digital Download Codes
Over a month ago we announced that Physical copies of the game were delayed and sent emails to all backers that had purchased Physical on any platform in either regular, Signed, Collector's Edition, or Signed Collector's Edition. We understand that emails can be missed, so we'd like to reaffirm to everyone what the status is on this issue.
Thank you for understanding the extreme demands of the game development process, manufacturing and shipping and international customs hurdles we face to get the games to your doorsteps and in your hands.
In that original email announcement, we said we'd be giving full digital game codes to all Physical purchasers, and that has been done. Look for a digital code so you can play on your platform of choice today, at launch, with everyone else. We will update everyone when we have more information on when shipping of physical merch will begin.
We are getting a lot of questions about various things regarding pre-orders from BackerKit or backing the game on Kickstarter.
1) We Can No Longer Accept Platform Change Requests - Codes have been received from each platform holder (Sony/MS/Valve) and these requests for codes were based off of orders that were locked down in BackerKit. The codes have been distributed as well, and we can no longer allow platform changes from anyone. We're sorry, this is just the reality of where we are in the process (locked down and actively fulfilling orders). If you are interested in playing on other platforms, please consider purchasing the game on them.
2) Shipping Address Changes Can Still Be Made - Any and all physical orders requiring a delivery address can still be updated by you in your BackerKit account settings. If you need to update your Shipping Address, please go to https://friday-the-13th-the-game.backerkit.com/ to login in and update your address. We will update everyone when ship dates approach and when we will be locking in all addresses. Thank you!
There have been people requesting assistance with their codes and orders. Please read through the issues above and the instructions below.
1) Emails Not Being Received - Sometimes backer emails get caught in Spam settings and end up in a Spam folder, please check your Spam folders. Other times an ISP may block them outright before being received (rare). In lieu of getting an email, please login to your BackerKit account to get your Digital Download codes for the game. Head to https://friday-the-13th-the-game.backerkit.com/ and login. Be sure to check your multiple surveys if you have placed multiple orders through BackerKit.
2) Need Further Assistance with an Issue or Question Not Mentioned - If there is an issue you can't find a way to resolve in your account, please stay logged in on BackerKit and contact their customer support through the website. Using their contact page, please describe your issue and then be patient as they work their way through the support tickets to get to yours. BackerKit has been a tremendous support to us, but they are only human and are currently on the front-lines being overwhelmed by requests for assistance. We're all working to ensure everyone can get into the game and receives everything they ordered. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.
Single Player Update
We've gotten some questions about Single Player, and wanted to clear things up. When we delayed the game and announced that we were working on Single Player mode addition, we also let everyone know that it would not be ready till Summer 2017. That said, work on it began late last Fall. The Single Player update will be free to all owners of Friday the 13th: The Game on all platforms, and will be in your hands late Summer.
Virtual Team Member/Community Design Team Rewards
The teams at Gun and Illfonic have been heads down working to finish this game as quickly as possible for over a year to be able to begin playing it soon with all of you. We're working through launch weekend to iron out all the hiccups. That said, this reward is due to begin shortly after launch. The group of 20 individuals will be our community/player-base liaisons in design meetings that we'll be discussing how to respond to feedback, exploits, balance issues, etc... The dev team will need you to be playing the game, listening to the players feedback as you slash and slay, and bringing their concerns to the meeting as representatives of the entire player community.
The good news is all backers at this level will be involved in the design process and get to go behind the scenes during one of the most fun periods of times on the project. We all hope the backers who got this reward take the responsibility and opportunity seriously, as we'd love to have you as part of the team while growing and evolving the game to be bigger and even better. Emails will be going out soon to go over everything so be on the lookout. We are very excited, as there will be a lot to talk about over the course of the life of the game.
This is an exciting day for all of us at Gun Media, Illfonic and for all of the Horror Legends involved with the game! Thank you for all the support on this crazy journey. It's not over, though. We'll still be hard at work keeping the game updated, addressing any issues that may come up, building the Single Player mode, and expanding the game over the upcoming months. This simply could not have been accomplished without the support and backing of the F13 Army. This dream to bring Jason Voorhees back to the masses and deliver a game worthy of the Friday the 13th name would not of been possible without you. We wish you all the best and want to thank you for your patience and understanding as we sort through the issues and drive over the roadbumps.
Spread the word! It's time to start slaying counselors and running for your lives! See you all at camp!
- Gun Media & Illfonic
Project Updates, Launch Date Confirmed, Savini Jason Details, Pamela Tape Preview, Counselor & Jason Stats, Updating Shipping Addresses, and MORE...
about 4 years ago
– Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 01:11:24 AM
Hello F13 Army! Here we are with another of our monthly updates on the project. This is another big one as we've announced our Launch date and will be debuting the first of the Pamela Tapes for all you backers here tonight!
As you may know, we started this journey years ago with the inception of Slasher Volume 1: Summer Camp, the game that would ultimately become Friday the 13th. It's amazing to be here now, this close to launch, looking back at all the challenges and triumphs we experienced along the way. We haven't and won't forget everyone that helped us get to this point, mainly all of you out there that backed this project, helping make this dream a reality.
The game is still in cert, but we're at the finish line now and the excitement is building at Gun and Illfonic each and every day. We can't wait to play this game with everyone, and we're counting down the days till we can all be playing online together.
Now let's get on with this jam packed update...
Launch Date Announcement Trailer - MAY 26TH!!
Gun Media and IllFonic are happy to announce that Friday the 13th: The Game will launch on May 26th, 2017! Check out this trailer below and definitely watch it through to the very end!
Ready for more Jason? Keep reading campers!
Tom Savini-designed Jason - FULL REVEAL!
We want to show you the newly designed Tom Savini interpretation of Jason Voorhees, after escaping from Hell! Are you ready to see him in all his glory?
This version of Jason Voorhees was offered as a pre-order only item on Backerkit, and as a reward for Kickstarter backers (at appropriately listed tier).
Pamela Tapes Preview!
These are something we're proud to be able to bring to you! We were able to collaborate with Tom McLoughlin, the man who wrote and directed Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives, to fill in some missing history for Pamela Voorhees. Here are the first few of many collectable tapes that you can find scattered around Camp Crystal Lake, Higgins Haven and Packanack Lodge. Each feature Pam discussing her dear, sweet little boy Jason just after he drowned in the lake all those years ago.
Chilling! You'll have to wait till launch to find the rest of the tapes yourself.
Steam Pre-Order Sales Begin!
For all your friends that missed out on Kickstarting the game or backing on BackerKit, we are happy to announce that Pre-Orders are LIVE on Steam!
Launch is coming and it can't be stopped! Now, for some nitty gritty stats!
Counselor Stats Revealed
Fresh out of balancing discussions, we have a detailed breakdown of the counselors stats. There still may be some minor tweaks to these stats leading right up to launch, but this list is pretty dang close to what you'll experience when we launch on May 26th.
Bonus: You'll find some clothing options and perks info on these screens too.
We're fast approaching launch and we wanted to ensure that anyone who may have moved since the Kickstarter finished were reminded to update their new shipping address for us. BackerKit has made it easy and you can update your addresses yourself by logging into the BackerKit website and making the change. If you need to recover your survey, go to https://friday-the-13th-the-game.backerkit.com and enter your email address to have your survey sent to you again. We'll make another announcement soon when it'll be the final call, at that point there will be a 48-hour warning of impending lockdown.
That was a lot of announcements! We hope everyone in the F13 Army is as excited as we are about the impending launch and the Pamela Tapes!
Make sure to follow Illfonic on Twitter and send them words of encouragement and thanks for all their hard work. Game development is hard, but can be very rewarding once it's complete.
Keep in mind we try to limit these Kickstarter updates to once a month to avoid spamming anyone. We strive to be as transparent in all matters, and will update everyone here monthly, but more frequently on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Periscope) and our Forums as we move forward. Please follow us on the various social platforms for the latest information on the game.